After Spring ends, all Indian gardeners face a similar dilemma, what to do with the so many empty small pots that once held beautiful winter blooms. The solution is sometimes, the simplest & yet the best! I never paid much attention to the humble portulaca until this season. Known as “dopahar khidi” in our local language, i couldn’t resist the rainbow of colors displayed at nurseries this season. It was while planting them that i realized their potential. And thus, answering my own question!
EASY TO GROW FLOWER FOR SMALL POTS – PORTULACA
7 REASONS – WHY?
- It spreads quickly.
- It tolerates heat well & is hard to kill.
- It can be propagated easily with cuttings.
- Portulaca cuttings bloom too!
- It comes in a variety of amazing colors.
- It demands less water & almost no maintenance.
- Hybrid varieties bloom all day long not just in the noon.
JOIN OUR GARDENING COMMUNITY ON FB FOR MORE TIPS AND TRICKS!
Subscribe in a reader